MTH Custom Run / MTH Special Run
The double wood sheathed boxcar was legacy of the USRA. The federal government took control of the U.S. railroad system in 1917. Acting under the Wartime Powers Act, President Woodrow Wilson nationalized the railroads when they proved unequal to the task of moving massive amounts of men and materiel for the Great War in Europe. The agency that ran the trains was the United States Railroad Administration, or USRA, and one of its chief accomplishments was the building of nearly 100,000 freight cars of five standard designs, to relieve equipment shortages. By the time the last cars were delivered in 1920, 25,000 single-sheathed cars had been accepted by 22 railroads and 24,500 of the double-sheathed design by 24 railroads. Very few roads rostered both types. The USRA designs proved durable enough that many cars served through the next World War and years beyond, rolling alongside their newer all-steel brethren.
The Lindsay Brothers company of Milwaukee, WI offered farm equipment and supplies. They operated out of the Lindsay Building at 126 S. 2nd Street, a substantial office and warehouse structure built in 1892. The company dissolved in 1991.
- Intricately Detailed, Durable ABS Body
- Stamped Metal Floors
- Metal Wheels and Axles
- Die-Cast 4-Wheel Trucks
- Fast-Angle Wheel Sets
- Needle-Point Axles
- (2) Operating Die-Cast Metal Couplers
- O Scale Kadee-Compatible Coupler Mounting Pads
- Detailed Brake Wheel
- Separate Metal Handrails
There are no reviews yet.